Thursday, October 20, 2005

Introducing . . .

Greetings! Before I begin, I’d like to correct a few statements my overly anxious sister made in her excitement.

1) Now that I’m a writer, I feel it’s a tad unethical to count myself as a reader as well. This unfortunately drops us down to 2 actual readers of our illustrious blog. However, keeping my mom’s teachings in mind, I’m remembering it’s not how you start but how you finish, and so I valiantly troop on with visions of one day building a blog empire (think Jerry Maguire minus the fact I don’t get Renee Zellweger and ideally I won’t turn into a crazy Scientologist in 10 years). Speaking of our mom, once she figures out what the internet is, I’m sure she’ll log on and we can get our membership count back up to lucky #3

2) I actually have not yet learned what a blogosphere is. In fact, my knowledge of blogs is even more limited than my sister’s. While some may perceive this to be cause of alarm, I like to think I can bring a fresh perspective to the world of blogging (at least that’s what I tell myself, humor me).

Anyways, the question on everyone’s mind must be, “so why are you here Mr. J?” Aside from the obvious one that I was suckered here by my sister under the pretense of “it’ll be a bonding experience,” I also have a purely selfish one. Namely, I secretly aspire to be a humor writer but have heretofore lacked an audience for my wit. And that’s where you come in, you lucky dog you.

So what then will this blog be? I envision an environment where I can muse on what it’s like to be a new resident of this fine city, perhaps engage in witty banter with my sister, and finally post a few longer pieces that will be the beginning of my soon-to-be-famous writing career. Of course that’s all in theory, and even the Hindenburg sounded good in theory, so we’ll just have to see what happens in the end.

Mr. J

2 Comments:

Blogger J & J said...

Mom's really made alot of inroads on the internet. She recently sent me an attachment. It might've been a virus, but it's a step.

Ms. J

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

When will J & J's mom start blogging. I bet that would a really f*cking wild ride of a read!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home