Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Starstruck

Walked past a movie filming this afternoon. Something called "Margaret" starring Anna Paquin. It seemed like an interesting scene. They were filming someone getting hit by a bus. According to the tech guy preventing me from crossing the street, the bus driver is not paying attention because he is watching Anna Paquin.

Anna looked very pretty. She basically looked the way she does in this picture. Watching the scene, I came to the following conclusion "Anna Paquin has a good gig." Let's face it, being a movie star is a sweet job. You don't appear to have to do a whole lot. Stars bitch and moan about how filming is so difficult, how they're up all hours, how they have to deal with adverse weather conditions. For instance, today it's rather chilly. The scene calls for Anna to wear a mini skirt and a flimsy looking top. This seems unpleasant. You almost sympathize with the stars until you realize, "Wait! My job can be unpleasant too!" Having this epiphany, most of us come to the conclusion that we would rather make the gajillion dollars that Anna is getting paid to wear the mini skirt, than the mere piddling that we get paid to deal with all the bullshit that our current job entails. Don't get me wrong, there is the whole lack of privacy problem. Although Anna had to deal with the fact that I was walking down the street thinking, "Hey! There's Anna Paquin filming a movie." Anna was likely not watching me and saying "Hey! There's Ms. J!" This seems like a small deal though. After all, from the number of applicants for reality t.v., people across the country are dying for us to notice them.

For all of these reasons, I am considering abandoning my current career trajectory and becoming a movie star. If anyone has any leads on this, let me know. I can even bring my own mini skirt.

Ms. J

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Anna Paquin is so hot. And if I was that bus driver, I would run over whoever I had to in order to get a look at her, too. This movie looks like a real winner!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous thesuzual said...

I don't know. Standing on the street in a short skirt while waiting to be noticed? I don't think that's a job that's very hard to get...it's called hooking.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home