Monday, February 06, 2006

Let's Talk About Drugs (cont.)

While not really related to drugs, this story was too good for me to not post.

A friend of mine was recently in one of the Northern provinces of Canada for work. Being in a fairly desolate region, he went to the local pub to try to make some friends and whittle the night away. As luck would have it, he got to talking with one of the friendly locals, and they had a few interesting conversations about sports and politics. It turned out this guy had a bus of sorts that he was living in (apparently this is OK in Northern Canada), and when the bar shut down the man invited my friend to his bus out back to continue their conversation.

This is when things start to get interesting. As soon as they make themselves comfortable in the bus, the man says, "So let me tell you, I'm definitely straight, but there are times where I like to suck a mean cock." We'll unfortunately never know the effect that this quote was intended to have, as my friend (already slightly sketched out by being in the back of a bus) decided he had had enough cultural experiences and promptly ran away.

Personally, this phrase has definitely become of my current favorites. The times when you can use it are obviously limited, but each time has quite the dramatic impact. Try it out sometime.

Mr. J

4 Comments:

Blogger Berry said...

Not sure if it would have the same effect if I used it...LOL! They might take me up on it.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

Hmm. Seems odd your friend didn't catch on to that one earlier. Man meets stranger at bar. Man talks with stranger for a couple hours. Stranger invites man back to his current residence?! I could just imagine your friend telling the story: "And he said all that he wanted to do was to show me his new water bed because it was so comfortable--how was I supposed to know he was gay???"

9:17 PM  
Blogger J & J said...

I think he figured that sort of behavior was normal up in Canada. But it seems sketchy guys at bars are sketchy guys no matter where you are.

Mr. J

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Matt said...

He "promptly ran away" did he? That's his story and he's sticking to it I guess.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home